What is Kidney Stone:
The waste products in the blood can occasionally form crystals that collect inside the kidneys. Over time, the crystals may build up to form a hard stone like lump. Kidney stones, usually comprised of a compound called calcium oxalate, are the result of a build up of dissolved minerals on the inner lining of the kidneys. These deposits can grow to the size of a golf ball while maintaining a sharp, crystalline structure. They may be small and pass unnoticed out of the urinary tract, but they may also cause extreme pain upon exiting.
The kidney acts as a filter for blood, making urine and removing waste products from the body. It also helps regulate electrolyte levels that are important for body function.
Causes Of Kidney Stones:
Kidney stones form when there is a decrease in urine volume and/or an excess of stone forming substances in the urine. The most common type of kidney stone contains calcium in combination with either oxalate or phosphate. Other chemical compounds that can form stones in the urinary tract include uric acid and the amino acid cysteine.
Symptoms For Kidney Stones:
- Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
- Pain that spreads to the lower abdomen and groin
- Pain that comes in waves and fluctuates in intensity
- Pain on urination
- Pink, red or brown urine
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- Persistent urge to urinate
- Urinating more often than usual
- Fever and chills if an infection is present
Kidney Stone Remedies:
- A diuretic, horsetail tea is an effective natural remedy for kidney stones. Drink up to 3-4 cups of horsetail tea daily or 2 grams of the herb in capsule form daily.
- Cut back the dose of the vinegar if you experience any stomach discomfort and work your way back up to the recommended dose for prevention and treatment of kidney stones.
- Boil 4 tablespoons of linseed in 1 liter (1 3/4 pints) of water then strain and drink the liquid with lemon and honey. It will soothe all kidney disorders. This will dissolves kidney stone.
- Add a little citric acid to your water. Squeeze some juice from a fresh lemon or add a lemon slice. The citric acid may help to break down the components of the stone (calcium and salts).
- Take 60ml of fresh lime juice and same quantity of olive oil and now mix them a large glass of water. It is helpful in passing the stones in just24 hours and provides you relief.
- Out of all the fruits suggested for kidney stones treatment, watermelon is considered the best and safest because it contains the highest concentration of water and provides an impressive amount of potassium salts.
- Apply warm compresses to the area. The heat will help to dull the pain.
- Increase your water intake dramatically. Try to get 14 glasses of water per day while the kidney stones are passing. Once they have passed, keep drinking plenty of water each day to help prevent future stones.
- Take Marshmallow root. This herb helps to reduce inflammation naturally in the digestive tract. Kidney stones may irritate and inflame the ureter as they pass to the bladder.