Dark circles under the eyes are most common thing found in almost every individual. Around 9 out of 10 people have dark circles under the eyes. They interfere with our beauty causing the face to look aged.
Causes of dark circles under the eyes are as follows:
- Age- with the flow of age the skin becomes thinner and the veins under the eyes get more prominent.
- Lack of sleep, fatigue
- Depression or stress
- Deficiency of nutrients- lack of a proper balanced diet can cause many disorders in the body and ultimately dark circles.
- Hyper pigmentation
- Over exposure to sun
- Over use of drugs and medicines
Home remedies for dark circles are as follows:
- Make a paste of turmeric and pineapple juice. Apply it on the areas under the eye. It is very helpful in removing dark circles.
- Get equal amount of potatoes and cucumber and extract its juice. Using a cotton pad apply the juice on under eye area. Allow it to dry for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash your eyes with cold water. Similarly with the help of cotton ball apply cucumber juice. This is one of the useful home remedies for dark circles under the eyes. You can also freeze cucumber juice to remove dark circles and puffiness from eyes.
- Almond oil is very effective to treat dark circles under the eyes. Massage the under the eye area with almond oil regularly for 15 minutes. This is one of the safe and efficient home remedies for dark circles under the eyes.
- Combine 2 tablespoons each of tomato juice and lemon juice. Apply the mixture on under eye area. This is one of the unique home remedies for dark circles.
- Rose water is very helpful to reduce dark circles. With cotton apply rose water under your eyes. It will cool your eyes and remove dark pigmentation.
- Make a thick paste of turmeric, masoor dal, lemon juice and tomato juice. Apply this paste under he eyes. Let it dry and clean with fresh water. This is one of the beneficial home remedies for dark circles. Keep all the ingredients same and use gram flour in place of masoor dal. Keep it for 10 minutes before washing. It will also help to get rid of dark circles.
- Prepare a paste of nutmeg with milk. Apply this paste on and around the eyelids before bed. Wash off next morning. This is one of the simple but unique home remedies for dark circles.
- Mint (Pudina) leaves are very useful to cure dark circles. Apply mint juice on areas under the eyes. It will remove dark circles as well as cool the eyes.
- Apply used cold tea bag to relieve the eyes and reduce dark circles under the eyes.
- Drink tomato juice with some salt, lemon juice and mint leaves. It is an effective diet for dark circles.
- Prepare a mixture of cucumber juice, lemon juice and lanolin cream. Apply this mixture under the eyes and let it stay for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with normal water. This is one of the beneficial home remedies for dark circles.
- Apply cream with vitamin E and C under the eyes. It will reduce dark circles. Do not leave the cream under your eyes for long time.
- Prepare a paste of crushed almonds with few drops of milk in it. Apply this mixture under the eyes every morning. Keep it for 10 minutes and wash off. This is one of the productive home remedies for dark circles.
Diet to follow for dark circles:
Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water to lighten the dark circles. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin E for strong eyes. Iron and vitamin C together is very helpful in treating dark circles. Eat skinless chicken and yellow, orange and red peppers as they are rich in both the vitamins and will help to eliminate dark circles. Drink natural and fresh fruit juice. It will detoxify your body keeping the dark circles at bay. Avoid all kinds of processed and junk foods as they contain artificial colors responsible for dark circles.
- Take proper sleep and good amount of rest. It will prevent dark circles.
- Practice meditation to keep yourself happy and stress free.
- Always go for natural face packs instead of bleach.
- Diet rich in vitamin K is beneficial for eyes. You can apply vitamin K rich herbal creams to eradicate dark circles.
- Place herbal tea bags on closed eye lids. It will keep eyes cool and reduce dark circles.
- Practice yoga to prevent dark circles naturally. ‘Sarvangasana’ is the best yogic posture to diminish dark circles and puffiness of the eyes. Perform this daily. Among the yogic kriyas ‘Jal Neti’ is very advantageous and should be practiced 5 times a week.
Try these home remedies for dark circles and follow the tips along with the diet to get rid of dark circles permanently. Home remedies are better than any cosmetic products as it assures a natural and side effect free treatment at home.